Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 3

We've been snowed iced in for three days now.

I haven't had much communication with the outside world, but...thanks to Facebook...I know that many of my friends are crafting with their children, cleaning house, organizing closets, baking everything imaginable, yada yada yada. 

Well, my overachiever friends, I have been productive too! Let me tell you about our fabulous week full of progress and personal growth...

The children are playing together marvelously...this is clearly evidenced by the current condition of my house. For example, the family room looks like the site of an epic battle between Olivia's doll house family and the boys' action figures. As I see it, there is no clear victor...other than the three children who walked away from this mess to make another one upstairs. (I'd post pictures, but, you know...I hate to boast.)

You'll never again hear me complain about food going to waste or spoiling because in three short days, we have eaten everything in the house.

I feel like I've made some progress in my ongoing battle with the laundry...but I'm sure that has something to do with the fact that my children have been in their pajamas since Monday evening. (Don't freak out...everyone had a bath and put on clean jammies last night.)

I've accepted the fact that I may actually have an addiction to Diet Dr. Pepper. Quite frankly, it would be hard to deny after last night. My dad called and said "I'm out...do you need anything?" Nevermind that we only have half a gallon of milk, no fresh fruit, and that my children are now surviving on Gatorade, string cheese and Dum Dums. I requested Diet Dr. Pepper...nothing else.

Each of the kids have a closet full of "new" clothes to wear. How did I manage this? I ironed. Being stuck in the house has given me plenty of time to catch up on the ironing that I've been avoiding for weeks now.

I discovered that I may have a future in acting, because when I heard a few minutes ago that a nearby school district would be closed again tomorrow my reaction was nearly identical to hers...


Whew...I get tired just thinking of all we've accomplished! I think I'll try to squeeze in a power nap before dinner.

Stay warm, friends!

1 comment:

Misty said...

I love it...when Tim went out for a bit the only thing I requested him bring me home was my DIET COKE! I was in need, big time!