Sunday, July 10, 2011

With my shepherd before me...

This morning our pastor taught from Psalm 23.

During the message, he shared how a shepherd would go before his flock to prepare a pasture for his sheep to graze. And he said something like this...Whatever you have planned for today or this week, be certain that the Lord has gone before you and made a way.


I'm going to Ethiopia this week.
If you've read my posts over the past month, you'll understand how this passage from the book of Psalm and my pastor's message comforted me.

Then during the Lord's supper at the end of the service, our praise team sang this...



And I was reminded of a time...nearly a year ago...when the Lord comforted me with this song. When He promised to go before me.

Read this post from August 2010.
He goes before me...

You know that friend who promised to travel to Ethiopia with me when the time comes to bring my daughter home? Her name is Karen. And guess what?

She is going with me. This Friday. To visit, love and serve orphans.

It may not be the trip we initially discussed. But it's what God had planned all along. How do I know this? Because just as His word promises...God goes before me. He has a plan and He has prepared the way ahead with His faithful, loving hands.

{Karen with my Olivia...Christmas 2010}

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.


Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord 
forever.
Psalm 23: 5-6

No comments: