Sunday, July 3, 2011

When he grows up...


Joshua...Mom, are there any grades after college?

Me...Sure. Some people go to graduate school. People that want to be doctors go to medical school after college. And lawyers go to law school after they finish college.

Joshua...What if I want to be a judge?

Me...You'll need to go to law school. Judges are lawyers before they are elected or appointed. Would you like to be a lawyer or judge when you grow up?

Joshua...Naaaaa. I'll just stick with UFC.

Nice.


Because I'm afraid you'll think I let my seven year old watch UFC and therefore a terrible mother, I'm going to offer a disclaimer here...
The child has never actually seen a UFC event. He has only seen advertisements for them. And heard about it from friends at school...of course. I imagine it was the same friend that double-dog dared him to lick the cafeteria floor (gross!!) and helped him expand his vocabulary in the most unfortunate ways.

No comments: