Friday, July 15, 2011

visiting orphans...


The time has come.

My bags are packed.

I've hugged my parents.

And talked to my brothers.

I smothered my little ones with hugs and kisses and tucked them into their beds. 

And I held it all together until late this evening.

As I added the last donations to my bags, I looked at the glitter stickers, nail polish, colorful hair barrettes and clips. The tears started. And just wouldn't stop.

Because all I could think of is a little girl in Ethiopia who I will someday call my daughter. Who will become a sister to Joshua, Evan and Olivia. A beloved granddaughter to our parents. A great-granddaughter, a niece, a cousin, a friend.

All I could think of was that precious little girl. 

And I pray that someone is visiting her


Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Carrie,
I'm proud of you and what you are doing. I'll be thinking of you often and praying for you constantly. Remember that even if it doesn't matter to anyone else, it matters to those precious little children whose lives and hearts you will touch. Keep in mind your purpose and what a huge blessing you will be.

I love you so much,

Danny