Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wish you were here...


Dear Sweet Child,

We went to the beach...your brothers and sister and Daddy and I. We buried ourselves in the sand. We jumped the waves and splashed in the pool. We fed alligators after dinner, hunted crabs by moonlight and shopped for shark-tooth necklaces. We stayed up way past bedtime and woke up to the sounds of the ocean each morning.

We cuddled and hugged and laughed and loved. We thought of you, talked about you and dreamed of you as we wrote your name in the sand.

You were not there with us this time, but you will be soon. I can't wait to watch you build castles in the sand...to hear you giggle as the salty water rushes past your feet...to see the sun shine on your precious face. What fun we'll have!

You are not here in my arms, but my heart is full of you...overwhelmed with love for you. I pray that even now...even a world away...you know that.

Hugs and kisses,
Mommy

...I remember you constantly in my prayers night and day. As I remember your tears, I long to see you, that I may be filled with joy. 2 Timothy 1:3-4

No comments: