Sunday, October 3, 2010

All patched up...


Friday morning, Evan had surgery to repair a hole in his left eardrum. (Just before his first birthday, Evan had tubes put in his ears. The tube in his right ear fell out and left a hole. Usually the hole grows back together, but Evan's did not. It had to be repaired in order to prevent hearing loss.) It was a good morning...he was in such good spirits when we got to the hospital. My sweet boy loved his hospital issued pj's and school bus tote bag. He also thought the TV mounted at eye level above his bed was super cool. The hour and a  half procedure went well...that little eardrum is all patched up and should be as good as new in a couple of months.

Once we got our precious patient home and settled in, my in-laws came over to watch (and love on) Evan. Kyle and I were able to sneak out for a few hours to take care of some adoption business. We got so much done! Once we get a medical exam form back from Kyle's doctor, we will be ready to submit our home study packet! Our prayer is to have that done by the end of this week.

Another update...20 more puzzle pieces were sponsored this weekend. That brings us to a total of 104 pieces. That's more than 20% of the puzzle! To our sweet friends and family "sponsors"...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

And remember back when I introduced our fundraiser...I told you about a family from our church that was expecting a referral soon. They got their referral last week! You can read about it and see pictures of their precious baby girl, Gracie Lou, here. We're so excited for them!

Yesterday Olivia and I visited my friend Julia and her boys, Drew and Cole. It was such a nice afternoon. I've known Julia since sixth grade. We don't see each other very often now, but when we do it's as if no time has passed. Don't you just love friends like that?!

One last thing...my Aunt Sue stopped by this evening and gave us an incredible gift! A canvas painting of a young African girl...so beautiful! She painted it herself. I cried when she handed it to me. Someday we will display it in Rachel's room. Until then...we're going to find a place where the whole family can enjoy it. I know it will bring us great encouragement throughout our adoption process. Thanks so much, Aunt Sue!

Tonight I'm praising God for a successful surgery, generous friends and family, a sweet baby girl from China and the precious gift of friendship! God is good!

No comments: