Thursday, September 23, 2010

This week...

I've had such an amazing week!

First of all...I'm THRILLED to report that 57 puzzle pieces have been sponsored! Kyle and I are so grateful for the generosity of our friends and loved ones. It has been such a blessing to write names on the back of each sponsored piece!

Here's some more wonderful news...this week family members that we love dearly gave us a check to cover our most recent adoption expenses. That's $2000 for the home study, $1125 for post-placement visits, $700 for our USCIS I-1600 application and $130 for fingerprinting. How amazing is that?! This means that everything we save, raise and earn can go toward our next group of expenses which will total $7700 and be due at the end of the year.

Then...yesterday I decided to sell some old gold jewelry and put the money toward some of our upcoming adoption expenses. Two little rings that had been collecting dust brought in $280! The cash was great but my conversation with the jeweler was even better. When I explained what the money would be used for, the jeweler asked where we are adopting from and how we chose Ethiopia. When I started to explain, he interrupted and said, "It sounds like you got a call from the Lord." He was a believer and he went on to give me great words of encouragement for our journey. I was so blessed by my visit to that jewelry store. I know it was once again precious confirmation from the Lord.

Wait a minute...I'm not done yet! After my visit to the jeweler, I got a much needed haircut. When it was time to pay, my stylist refused my payment and asked me to put it toward our adoption expenses instead. So kind and such a blessing!

God continues to amaze us with His provision! He also continues to teach us through this process. Please pray that we would remain faithful and totally dependent on Him!

No comments: