Friday, September 24, 2010

Parade, Puzzle Pieces, Books and a Birthday!

The kids and I had fun at our town's homecoming parade this afternoon! Here they are waiting for the parade to start...

While we were there, I was introduced to my friend's neighbor, Sarah. Sarah looked familiar to me and we soon realized that I taught her son at VBS in July. As we were getting acquainted, she asked me how many children I have. I answered, "Three and we're in the process of adopting our fourth". Sarah went on to share that her oldest son is adopted. It was hot and humid outside this afternoon. Sweat was running down my back, but I got chills as I listened to this beautiful story of adoption!  It was so sweet to hear how God formed their family!

When we got home, I walked out to the mailbox and found a check for $100! I immediately came inside and wrote the sponsors' names on the back of 10 puzzle pieces. There they are below...all 69 sponsored pieces. I believe the back of this puzzle will be prettier than the front!

And we also got these in the mail...three of the books on the required reading list for our home study. There are six more books that need to be ordered (three for me and three for Kyle). It's a good thing I've pretty much given up TV because I have a lot of reading to do!


Finally...my sweet mother-in-law celebrated her birthday today. This woman is so dear to me. She is a wonderful mother, grandmother and friend. I just couldn't blog today without saying...
Happy Birthday, Carolyn! I love you!!


1 comment:

Misty said...

Hey there...LOVE this puzzle piece fundraiser. Such a great idea! Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you guys and praying for you! Headed to buy my puzzle pieces!