Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dollars and Cents...

I've been working on this post for a couple of days. I start and stop...start and stop. It has been hard for me to say something that simply must be said. Here goes...

Our adoption will cost somewhere between $25,000 and $38,000.
I don't know many families that have that much extra cash on hand.
We certainly do not.

God has been so good to us and provided thus far...He turned a jar of forgotten coins into an application fee. He provided two months without a mortgage payment so we could pay the first portion of our agency fee. Just last week, we unexpectedly found a refund of $634 in our mailbox!

We have absolute faith that He will continue to provide; however, we know God is also calling us to sacrifice. I am working part-time at our church's mother's day out program to bring in some extra income. We now make purchases based on what we need rather than what we want. For the first time ever, I have a weekly meal plan and a grocery list that I stick to. The kids are hearing the word "no" more than ever before. And you know what? It feels good. Because I want to bring that baby girl home far more than I want pedicured toes and $4 coffees.

Even with all the saving, we're going to have to get creative and work hard. Most adoptive families fund raise and we've learned a lot from reading their blogs! We have some fun ideas and great products that will help fund our adoption and also advocate for the 147 million orphans in the world.

In the next few days, we'll unveil our first adoption fundraiser. We do so with humble, grateful hearts. In this...and all things...to God be the glory!








No comments: