Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer

Joshua has been out of school since June 3rd. That means we have had 11 full days of summer and let me tell you...we have enjoyed every minute of it!

There have been late nights and quiet, sleepy mornings.  Three trips to the movies (Summer Movie Club at a local theater makes this possible...50 cents a ticket!). Long afternoons swimming at Grandma and Peepaw's pool. Snow Cones. Family games of kickball in our cul-de-sac and fun with sidewalk chalk. A get-every-book-you-want trip to the library. And many nights (6 to be precise) bleedin' blue, cheering on our Dallas Mavericks!

Oh, summer time...how I love you!

{My bathing beauty...enjoying a snack poolside}

{My little Mavs maniacs...off to church on Sunday morning}

{An evening swim...why bathe them when you can chlorinate them?}


And this mama's been doing some reading too.

I read this book...

And now I'm reading this book...

Not exactly your typical summer reads. But challenging. Convicting. Inspiring. And, in my opinion, two books that every follower of Christ should read. But before you read Radical Together, you must read Radical by the same author-David Platt. Okay, so not two but three books every believer should read!

Over the next month, I'm going to enjoy more summer fun. And, thanks to grandparents, hubby and I are going to enjoy some date nights. Oooooo la la! 

And then...I'm going to Ethiopia. No, this trip is not related to the adoption. But it has everything to do with what God started in our lives one year ago this month. He stirred our hearts and created in us a desire to care for orphans...specifically those in Ethiopia. Funny thing is...even as we surrendered to God's plan to adopt, Kyle and I made some of our own. We thought we'd adopt and then do missions someday. But our ways are not His ways (Isaiah 55:8) and here I go! I can't wait to share more as I prepare for the trip and then after I'm home.

And one more thing on the agenda for this summer...blogging. I keep neglecting this little blog of mine and hubby is not happy about it! Apparently he really enjoys signing on and reading about this life of ours. So in an effort to keep my biggest fan happy and maintain my role of submissive wife...I will get back to blogging!

So how about you? Whatcha been doin'? Whatcha been reading? Got big plans for the summer? Do tell. 


No comments: