Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Week in Review

Amy at Filled with Praise does this cool My Week in Review post every Friday. She shares the high of her week, the low of her week and the lesson she learned. Other bloggers are then invited to link up. So here goes...



Filled With Praise




{HIGH}
I actually have three highs...
1. This afternoon Kyle came home from a week long business trip. I'm so glad to have my honey home!
2. We received an email from USCIS this afternoon, our application has been processed and approved. Our I-171H is on it's way!
3. Last week I submitted an application to Visiting Orphans for a July mission trip to Ethiopia. The trip was full, so I had to be placed on a waiting list. This afternoon, I received an email from Visiting Orphans...someone else decided not to go and I was first in line to take their place! I'm going to Ethiopia in July!! I'm so excited...and absolutely terrified!

{LOW}
Tuesday night was rough! It was a late night because of Evan's t-ball practice. Since Kyle was out of town, my parents stopped by to give me a break and help out with the kids' bedtime routine. While Evan was in the bathtub, he jumped up and hit his head on the corner of the vanity. It caused a big bump and a little cut right on the top of his head. But you know how even little head wounds bleed and bleed and bleed. It was quite a sight! Blood everywhere...Evan screaming in pain...Joshua crying because he was worried about his little brother...me totally panicking! I'm so glad my parents' were there! Dad finished getting Joshua and Olivia ready for bed while Mom and I took care of Evan. 

{LESSON LEARNED}
Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:3

Kyle and I have been waiting and waiting for our I-171H...the final document needed to submit our dossier. We expected to receive it 10-14 days after we were fingerprinted. It has now been one month. The unexplained delay has made me frustrated and weary. 

During a quiet moment with the Lord today, I found this verse. It reminded me of how Jesus pursued me...how in the face of persecution, trial and even death he sought to redeem me according to God's plan. He did not grow frustrated and weary. With His focus on His Father, Jesus pressed on...obediently, faithfully, confidently.

If Jesus endured like that for me (and you!), then I must do the same in whatever God has called me to. I must obey Him even when things don't go as I plan. I must have faith that His timing is absolutely perfect. I must place all of my confidence in Him, for He alone is able.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you so much for linking up! I loved reading your answers. Are you going on the Ordinary Hero trip in July? If so, are you in the first group or the second? I am going on the first one. It is so nice to meet you.

Congrats on your I-171H!
Blessings,
Amy

Unknown said...

Hey there! I found you from Amy's link up, and I am so glad I did! Excited for you guys about your I-171H, and to continue to follow along on your journey!

Jenni said...

I am a fellow "linked" this week! How wonderful to read about your adoption progress and your trip in July! Hope to continue to read about your adoption in the future. We are adopting from Ghana!

Misty said...

Loved reading about your week...so glad things are progressing with the adoption...press on girl!