Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

Olivia and Evan celebrated Christmas with their friends at school today. In each of their classes, they had birthday parties for Jesus.

They both had messy fun decorating cookies and cupcakes. Olivia recited the Lord's prayer and sang jingle bells. Evan sang the Lord's prayer and then signed it. Mommy fought back proud, happy tears!

Olivia was so excited when it came time to give Mommy the presents she made...three cute ornaments for the Christmas tree.

Me and my girl!

Evan loved decorating his cupcake with RED icing and lots of sprinkles.

And here's Evan wishing his favorite teacher, Mrs. Candy, a merry Christmas! He LOVES her. One time I asked him what makes Mrs. Candy so special. He answered, "She makes me happy and she asks me questions." I'm so grateful for this sweet woman that takes an interest in my little boy and makes him happy!

It was a great day for all of us!

I'm looking forward to celebrating Christmas with Joshua's class at school tomorrow. After that party, Christmas break will officially begin...woohooo! I'm so ready to have my little ones at home for the next two weeks!

On the adoption front...Kyle and I have our individual meetings with our social worker tomorrow afternoon. So excited because every document gathered, every interview brings us one step closer to our daughter!

2 comments:

Misty said...

I loved our Happy Birthday Jesus parties when the kids were little. SO much fun! I love seeing your family and all the fun things you do. They are precious!

Alison said...

YAY!! So excited that ya'll are moving forward in the adoption process! Love the cute pics!