Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Buns, Bells and Baby dolls

Buns...
My middle child LOVES to play video games. I can't tell you how many times I hear "Mommy, can I play Wii?" in any given day.

He's not quite as fond of clothing. Often he wears just enough to cover his buns. 

This is how I found him the other afternoon.

Bells...
I love the sound of the Salvation Army bell ringing outside stores...so do my kids! We never pass that red bucket without making a donation. I think it's a wonderful opportunity to teach children about the importance and the joy of giving.

Baby dolls...
[An open letter to Walmart]
Dear Walmart,
I shopped at your store tonight. I was in the market for a baby doll...one with beautiful brown skin. Your shelves were well stocked and there was a variety of dolls to choose from. Some of the dolls talked, some of the dolls walked, some came with accessories, some had a twin. But not a single doll was brown. I stood there...shocked. Then I looked around at the other shoppers. Many of them...most of them had brown skin. It just doesn't make sense to me. I'm so disappointed...so sad. I, and I'm sure many other mommies, would appreciate it if you would adjust your inventory. I'm bringing a little Ethiopian princess home to her forever family and she's going to need some baby dolls!

2 comments:

The Youngs said...

YES!! I have been waiting for a blog post just like this!!

There is a new ETHIOPIAN DOLL! and yes, at Target, but only online!! She is a branch off of world vision I beleive and part of the profit goes to girls in Ethiopia!
She even comes with a booklet with little facts about Ethiopia!!

I was soo excited to see this!

Here is a link: http://www.target.com/Heart-4-Hearts-Rahel-Ethiopia/dp/B004880DD4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=Rahel&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-5&qid=1292489325&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Heart%204%20Hearts%20Rahel%20Ethiopia&node=1038576%7C1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

Misty said...

Love this! Parker runs around in his undies all the time...my elder son...he's fully clothed in pj's from neck to ankle at all times. hilarious the differences!