Saturday, November 6, 2010

Orphan Sunday

Tomorrow is Orphan Sunday...a day for Christians to stand for the orphan.

While not everyone is called to adopt, God's word clearly commands believers to defend the fatherless (Isaiah 1:17) and look after the orphan (James 1:27).

There are more than 140 million orphans worldwide. There are many ways to look after them, defend them and care for them...

Adoption.
Foster Care.
Prayer.
Financial Contributions to organizations such as Show Hope or Lifesong for Orphans.
Support and/or encourage adoptive families.
Mission Trips.
Sponsor a child through an orphan care ministry.

Throughout the day, I will be praying for orphans. I will once again ask the Lord to break my heart for what breaks His. I will ask Him to show me what more I can do. I will commit to following His direction.

Will you join me?

Learn more at... http://www.orphansunday.org/


No comments: