Sunday, November 21, 2010

Catchin' up...

I haven't posted anything in two weeks which means we've got some catching up to do!

On the adoption front...
Good news! Our social worker received our background clearances and we have our first home study interview scheduled. On Saturday, December 4th, Kyle and I will meet with her together. At that time, we will also schedule the other required interviews...one for Kyle, one for me and one with the whole family at our home. We're very excited and eager to move forward!

And more good news! My precious mom is in the midst of her very own adoption fundraiser. She is baking her yummy peanut butter pies and selling them to friends, family, coworkers and church members. All of the money raised will go directly toward the cost of bringing our daughter...her granddaughter...home from Ethiopia. How sweet is that! Love that mom of mine!

And through it all, I continue to learn. More than ever before, God is teaching me to rely on Him and Him alone. There are times that I, in my flesh, worry and fret about the adoption...the cost, the timing. Each time, He reminds me that He is in control. He set our family on this journey of adoption. He will carry us through it and see us to the end.

I love how Jeremiah 29:11-14 is written in The Message. In these verses, God says...

I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out-plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen.
When you come looking for me, you'll find me.
Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed.

What a promise!

That's all for now. I've got more to share, but it'll have to wait. It's way past my bedtime. I promise...I won't let two weeks go by before my next post.

Have a blessed Sunday!

No comments: