Thursday, March 31, 2011

Paperchasing no more!

I have a very exciting announcement!

Our long awaited I-171H came in the mail yesterday afternoon AND, even more exciting, our dossier has been submitted to America World!

As soon as I found the envelope from USCIS in the mailbox, I ran in the house and started checking, double-checking and triple-checking all of the other documents in our dossier. Everything was there. Everything was in order.

So I loaded all three kiddos in the van, along with all of Joshua's baseball gear for practice. We made a quick stop at the bank to have one last form notarized and then we were off to FedEx.

Evan and Olivia sat by my feet playing games while Joshua helped me make three copies of everything. Once the copies were made, I checked everything one last time, filled out the FedEx label and placed it all in a box.

As I walked to the counter to send it off, my eyes filled with tears. I was so excited, so relieved, so grateful. I couldn't believe this day had finally come and I was overwhelmed with emotion.

{Here it is...our dossier. Seven months of hard work, tears and prayer.}


{Misbehaving children at FedEx.}

After everything was sent on its way, we grabbed a quick dinner and took Joshua to baseball practice. It was a wild, exciting evening!

When we finally made it home, I found this on the kitchen counter. A bouquet of flowers and a card from Kyle. The top of the card reads...A New Baby Girl. He gave me similar cards when we were expecting Joshua, Evan and Olivia.

{Melt.My.Heart. I love my man!}

2 comments:

Misty said...

That is AWESOME!!! Prayers are being answered for you guys!

Erica said...

SO. EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for you to get your DTE email next Friday. The best feeling EVER!! We should plan a date to go eat ET food to celebrate.