Friday, March 18, 2011

The makings of a very good day...

Here are some things that made this day a very, very good day...

It was warm and sunny. I think spring is here!

Kyle and the boys enjoyed a "boys' day"...full of fishing, playing catch and shooting their very own Red Ryder BB gun. Both Joshua and Evan have declared that today was "the best day".

I cleaned out the fridge.

Olivia had her first play date away from home.

I started studying the book of Isaiah.

After her play date, Olivia and I enjoyed some girl time shopping for summer sandals. I chose something neutral. She chose hot pink with a giant flower. She won.

And I started making summer travel plans. 

Can you guess where I'm going? I'll give you a few hints...


I'll need this...
Passport Pictures, Images and Photos

Getting to my destination will require a LONG ride in one of these...
FLY BYE Pictures, Images and Photos

It will be hard, but I'll be leaving these sweet little ones behind...


and spending a lot of time with precious little ones like these...

{source}

I know, I know...my hints practically gave it away!

I'm going on a mission trip to Ethiopia where I'll visit, serve and love orphans!! There are still a few details to be worked out, but I submitted my application today and I'm trusting that God will take care of everything.

And that's all I've got for tonight. I'm going to end this very good day with a very good night's sleep!

2 comments:

Erica said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! And, you are going to love studying Isaiah. It is incredible and has changed my life.

Misty said...

That is so wonderful Carrie! The more I see these precious faces the more I want to travel over there someday! Loved your post today. I do HOPE Spring is finally here, my closet is a mess these days :)