Wednesday, September 28, 2011

On Pinterest...

While eating dinner the other night, my girlfriend cautiously advised me not to join Pinterest. Our little talk went something like this...

Have you joined Pinterest? 

Nope.

Oh, don't! It is soooo addicting!

I don't really get what it's all about.

Here let me show you...I've got the app on my phone.

She told me not to do it. Said it would take all my time. That I'd find myself up in the wee hours of the night "pinning". But at the same time...she made it sound so good. 

So I went home, sat down at the computer and promptly joined Pinterest. I thought to myself...I just want to see it on my computer. That screen was so small on the phone. I'm a big girl. I'll just take a look. Check it out. I can handle it.  But I was wrong. So very wrong.

Hello. 
My name is Carrie.
I'm a Pinterest-aholic.

And...for now...I make no apologies! Because it's not like I'm just sitting around eating Bon Bons and "pinning". I'm being inspired and things are changing around here! 

For example, this picture inspired me to clean out and spruce up my laundry room.



Pretty, huh?

I found that rug at Urban Outfitters, but it's too wide for my laundry room. Booo!
So I found this beauty of a bargain at TJ Maxx. Yay!!


With my rug in place, I moved on to cleaning out the cabinets. I don't have a picture of what they looked like before...not that I'd share it if I did! But this is what they look like now.

Cabinet 1

Cabinet 2

And Cabinet 3


And then I remembered a post that Amy at Filled with Praise wrote a few months ago. She made really cute tags to label her bins. (You can check it out here.) Once again...inspired! So I made some for myself.


Much more to do...like organizing the bottom cabinet and painting. I'll post pictures along the way. But can you believe it? All of this...because of Pinterest. It's a good thing. Not to mention...Pinterest is really helping me get over my Facebook addiction. Bonus.

For now, I'll leave you with another fabulous Pinterest find.

I need to frame this and read it every morning...



1 comment:

Misty said...

seriously - it is the BEST addiction i have right now! i LOVE it - and now, i'm headed over to find you so i can follow your boards. i've found FAB recipes and stuff for the home on this sight...it's so fun!!!!